If you are reading this blog then I know you want to have the perfect male body. Well one of the best body physiques are that of gymnast. Yeah, I know…most of us don’t want to wear tights around, but those dudes are jacked. Well I found a some crazy videos on building the gymnastic body.
Check them out from gymnasticbodies.com.
Here is a sample workout:
Finish with 2×10 Wrist Pushups
Wheels – (Dynamic Pushups)
Wow! That is no sissy workout there. I’m not sure if many guys from the gym could hang with that.
Well how about a workout that you can do to get a gymnastic body without all the crazy moves? Well I found a great article on http://looklikeanathlete.com
Here’s part of the article here.
In order to get in shape and get that gymnast type body is much easier than you think. For best results I recommend doing strength training type exercises and cardio exercises. Rather than working out 7 days a week, 3 to 5 days a week schedule will work well.
A 4 Days A Week Routine
Day One- Upper Body Emphasis
- Push Ups (chest and triceps exercise)
- Pull Ups (back and biceps exercise)- use a palms outward and shoulder width apart grip
- Close Grip Push Ups (Triangle Push Ups targets the triceps)
- Chin Ups (targets the biceps)- use a palms inward and shoulder width apart grip
- Handstand Push Ups (targets the shoulders)- this exercise can be performed against a wall or someone holding you by your ankles. You will be upside down. Proceed to lower your body slowly and press your weight back up. If this is too intimidating or difficult you can place your feet on the seat of a chair and place your upper body at a steep decline as if going down and headfirst. Lower your upper body slowly and press your weight back up.
* Note: You should do from 3 to 4 sets per exercise and 10 to 12 repetitions per set. Rest one minute between sets.
Cardio: do short burst interval training. Do a 30 seconds fast sprint followed by one-minute rest. Repeat this sequence for 10 to 15 minutes and finish with a 15-minute jog.
Day 2- Lower Body and Abs/ Core Emphasis
- Jump Squats
- Standing Calf Raises
- Hanging Leg Raises or Lying leg raises
Note: You should do 3 to 4 sets per exercise and 10 to 12 repetitions per set. Rest one minute between sets.
Cardio: Do a 15 to 20 minute walk or jog.
Day 3- Rest/ Cardio optional
Day 4- Repeat day 1
Day 5- Repeat day 2
Day 6 &7: Rest
A 3-Day Sequence
Day One- Upper Body
Day Two- Rest
Day Three- Lower Body
Day Four- Rest/ Do an activity like walking
Day Five- Upper Body
Day Six and 7- Rest
The following week switch your upper body days for lower body exercises and your lower body day (day 3) for upper body exercises. Switch back the following week.
Switch back to week one.
- Follow this pattern for a 3-day per week schedule.
Cardio: do burst training interval style cardio on upper body days and walking or jogging on lower body days.
That looks like a great workout to get that really lean ripped look. So are you thinking about building the Gymnastic Body? Leave a comment below of what you think about the workouts and what you would change up.
P.S. Here’s another crazy move for you.